The 80's! Like no other generation!
We didn’t realize we were growing up in the last era of true, simple youth. We had innocence about us, listened to great music with lyrics that touched our soul, or others like “Diamond Girl” that talked about touching something else! We crushed on a boy or girl from afar, we passed notes in class, dreamt of first loves like when Jake fell for the eclectic Sam (SAM: “Me?”, JAKE: “Yea, YOU”) and they drove off in a red Porsche! Or rooted for the lovable nerd who got the prom queen in the end!
Our generation enabled our class to still have a special connection 30 years later! When you see a classmate that you haven't seen in decades, it feels like you're picking up right where you left off in the Main Loggia.
Please come join our celebration! Reminisce, laugh, reconnect with old friends and maybe make some new ones.
**1987, 1989, 1990 alumns welcome to participate one or both nights. Join us! **
Friday October 12 & Saturday 13, 2018
Friday October 12th
- Time: 7pm – 10pm
- Location: TBD bar in Plantation or FTL
- Attire: Casual “theme” (theme TBA)
- Join us for a casual “Themed” Happy Hour to welcome all the CCHS Alums and kick off the reunion weekend. Mingle, eat, dance, drink, twerk, breakdance, “Dance with somebody”, anything goes, just have FUN. Light appetizers and drinks. (Length of open bar TBD by number of tickets sold)
Saturday October 13th –
- Time: 6pm – 10pm (or later)
- Location: Stache Drinking Den – a 1920’s style Speakeasy - 109 SW 2nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale 33301
- Attire: “Club Cocktail”, “Club Chic”, “Cocktail Chic”, “Cocktail” or as dressy as you desire.
- The Main Event – Variety of food stations, desserts, premium liquor drink tickets 2-3 per person, DJ, dancing, and other fun things our committee is planning. You don’t want to miss this special event! We’re gonna “Wang Chung” tonight.
We have this 2 story venue reserved for CCHS and our private party from 6pm-10pm. Starts promptly at 6pm so don’t be late! After 10, the doors open to the public but we can move our CCHS crew upstairs and “Party like its 1999” as long as we want. Cash bar after 10pm.
Sunday October 14th
No event is planned but if there are people who are “To Hip to be Square” and want one more day, some people have tossed around some beach volleyball or hang out by the pool. Will keep this open, depending on level of tiredness or hangover-ness, TBD weekend of.
2 hotel options
: Riverside Hotel and second hotel on beach TBA
Since you’ll be “Walking like an Egyptian” after our festivities,we have reserved a block of rooms for CCHS at The Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. Cut off date for our room block and pricing is 9/12/2018 so book soon. We can add more rooms to either room option if we use all 10 spots.
Click here to reserve: https://reservations.travelclick.com/15542?groupID=2111776
You may also call in for reservation assistance under your group full name:
Cooper City Class of 88 Room Block
To our reservation specialist as 954-467-0671 in state, or 844-467-0671 out of state calls.
First person to register wins a new bottle of Drakkar Noir! (WINNER Derrick Lockhart!)
Weekend Event ticket: Friday and Saturday events - $155 per person covers your entrance into both evening events, food, drink tickets, parting favor. **Get your tickets early! Price per person may increase to $160 by May 1st. Prices may increase to $165 after August 31st.
Weekend Event: Partial Couple ticket – This ticket is for the Alumn that plans to attend both nights but thier non-alumn spouse prefers to come Saturday only. Select the - $295 partial couple ticket.
Saturday night event only at Stache – $145
Let us know if you have any questions. Your reunion committee....
Cindy Lackey, Saadia Persad, Steve Kasap, Travis Adams, Monica Bower, Mark Straus, Kerry Kelly Caffarelli and the incomparable David Osborn, aka DJ Ozzy, aka Dunkirk Dave, aka #therealOzzy
#CCHS #CooperCity #1988 #reunion #88
cooper city high school 1988 reunion